Something Altogether New

After quite literally years of prayer and conversation, my wife Roshare and I have made some big decisions over the last few months. The long and short of it is this: I am going to retire from music at the end of 2013. Truthfully, when we made the final call on this back in December, I wasn’t sure if I would be done right away, or what the exact timetable would be…but ultimately I decided that I really wanted to honor my label and publishing commitments through 2013 and tour this new record, that I love so dearly, for at least a year from release just to make sure I “finish well.” To most everyone who knows me on a personal level I don’t think this would be a bit surprising simply because this decision really was years in the making…the reality is that we just finally found what we thought was the right time. Both my record deal and my publishing deal were coterminous with the release of my new record back in Oct of 2012, so it was either time to re-up for another 5-6 years, or move on. The decision was strangely easy. Really easy, actually. Mostly I think just because on emotional, spiritual, personal, and relational levels, I have struggled for years now with all of the things that surround and are a part of what it means to be a professional musician…the touring, publicity, lack of consistency, anxiety, and time away from home have been a struggle for me in different ways for pretty much the entirety of my nearly 20 years playing music. Please don’t misunderstand me, playing music has genuinely been a dream come true…I never could have imagined this story for myself and it has far exceeded anything I could have planned on my own. But as I’ve stated so many times in the past, I really have always felt like an “accidental” musician in so many ways, and with that has always been this sense that I would never be a “lifer,” this sense that music would someday come to a definitive end for me. The truth is, my heart just hasn’t been in it for quite a while now, and what was left of it I feel like I squeezed out and emptied into writing and recording this latest project…which now turns out to be my last project, and perhaps my favorite project that I’ve made – one that I couldn’t be more proud to finish my career with. So the reality for me is that I honestly couldn’t be more excited about closing this door and opening a new one. And when I say closing the door, I mean really closing the door. On music. Closing the door on touring, performing live, and even songwriting. I don’t have any plans at all to pursue a career in writing or really anything music related. If I’m honest, I’m not really sure that I know how to NOT write songs…I’ve never really tried that since I learned to play the guitar at age 17; but I can say honestly that I don’t really have any plans to write again. At the very least, I won’t write another song until I HAVE to write another song – if that makes any sense at all. I don’t want to write again until something in me forces it’s way out, until there really is a true upwelling of my spirit and absolutely nothing less. So maybe one day somewhere down the road I’ll have a group of songs together that I might want to record in my living room, but I’m not really holding on to that as part of what I hope for moving forward. The reality for me is that I don’t have any one specific direction…I feel like there are a solid handful of things that I really get excited to do with my life in this new season. But as far as specifics are concerned, I don’t know that I really feel called to something else as much as I feel called away from music. In all honesty, I think that uncertainty about what comes next is what kept me hanging on to music for the last few years. It’s hard to walk away from something that has been so life-changing and so all-consuming for all these years, something that I’ve seen God move in so profoundly. And on a practical level, it’s hard to walk away from an occupation that’s been so fulfilling and so stable, the only job I’ve ever had, and one that still provides so well for my family. But I’ve always known and promised myself that I would not forsake a call in a certain direction based on the fear of what comes next. That’s not faith at all I don’t suppose. So here I am, on the edge of something altogether new…the same way I was 20 years ago when I turned away from the potential of medical school and towards a new season of music. My goodness, it’s daunting but, my Lord, it is indeed beautiful. I don’t know how to express just how thankful I am for all of the people who have supported me for all these years…I still don’t even know how I got here, how I landed on this particular course, but I do know that it wouldn’t have happened without a God who is bigger than the burdens of this world and without the relentless willingness of people all over this world to be a part of this with me. I will be forever grateful.

• Austin wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, you have inspired me from day one with your music. For the most part, I believe that the heart that you put into the music is what led me to the Lord. Thank you so much for all that you have done over the years and I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you continue to post on your facebook page on what you will be doing. You are in my prayers and I cannot say how much I understand and respect your decision. God Bless, Austin

• Rebecca wrote on April 9, 2013

There are no words to tell you how much your music has touched my life! Thank you for sharing your heart with us through music! God as used you in the sad and happy times in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you! May God bless and guide you in your new journey! Rebecca

• J Man wrote on April 9, 2013

I will be forever grateful for your music and what it has meant in the seasons (good & bad) of my life. We met back on your Big Blue Sky tour (the now infamous one that everyone asks me about: "Katy Perry was on that tour?")...and I've loved your music ever since. I was glad to be a part of the journey - listening, loving, and promoting your music. You've been a blessing and I hope to hear about what God has for you in the future. Your friend and brother in Christ, Justin "J Man" Holton

• Jess wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I received a free copy of your "Try" cd when I was 15 (I'm 24 now). You were the first Christian artist I had ever listened to. To this day it is one of my favorite cds. I have followed your music ever since! Congratulations on everything you've accomplished! Enjoy your retirement :)

• Amy Sondova wrote on April 9, 2013

Since your first major release to what is not your last album, I've been through it all. Thank you for helping me to find hope in God when I scarcely life myself out of bed. Your music has helped me through so much good and bad. I'm so grateful you allowed God to use your life so profoundly...and I know you will continue to do so in whatever capacity you choose. Thank you for the music.

• Marti Jenkins wrote on April 9, 2013

Awesome life story and a beautiful one. I'm sure God has great plans for your future, whether simple or complex but he knows your heart and hat you need some R&R, more time for your family, friends and self at a slower pace. He'll give you the desires of your heart. Hope your album is off the chart so to speak! Best wishes!

• mimi wrote on April 9, 2013

How awesome! How brave! Go! Be bold and courageous! I'm praying for you!

• Ann Duran wrote on April 9, 2013

As with the other comments - thank-you for touching my life with your music. I always found a way to hear you play whenever you were in Texas. "The Hammer Holds" made a huge impact on my walk with God. You made it personal and profound. Thank-you, thank-you. Ann

• Amy Sondova wrote on April 9, 2013

"what is not"="what is now", "life"= lift. Apparently, typos are my friend tonight. *wink*

• Terry Foster wrote on April 9, 2013

The first time I heard you was when you were on tour with Third Day and you were introduced by Mac Powell as the best new and upcoming singer/song writer in Christian music. I actually met you that night as you were walking through the building to your table. My wife and I have seen you many times since and have all of your albums. The favorite concert was at the Glass House in Pomona, CA. It was like a concert in the living room. We have enjoy watching your success and listening to the richness of your lyrics. It is a great loss to the fans but I am sure it is a great to your family. I love many of your songs but my absolute favorite is Hammer Hold. I am an artist and it was my inspiration for a piece I did a few years ago of a cross made with all different sized nail and spikes. May the Lord bless you and direct your path. Thanks for the heart you have shared! Terry Foster, Crossroads Christian Church, Corona, CA.

• Becca wrote on April 9, 2013

Thank you, Bebo, for sharing your heart so openly as you have all these years. I can't begin to tell you what your music has meant to me since I first heard your voice in College Station, Texas at a small concert 12 years ago. It always seems like every album has a few songs that you took right from my soul. I enjoyed meeting you several times back then because you were always down to earth as I'm sure you still are. I've seen you live several times since then and hope to again before you retire (come to Houston!!). I pray the Lord shows his will to you and continues to move in you and use in a mighty way. But I also pray for rest and time to just be and reflect on Him and spend time with your family.

• Dave Langer wrote on April 9, 2013

Thanks for all the great music, and may God continue to bless you - more than you can think or imagine!

• barbara wrote on April 9, 2013

I love your following of the Holy Spirit to step out of your comfort zone into something new and unknown. You will "sing to the Lord a new song", in whatever form that takes.

• Susie S wrote on April 9, 2013

I'm so blessed to hear your story. I relate to doing what you know in your heart is good for you and your family. After working in a career for years and being stable in a professional role, I, too, left my career last September to be more flexible and spend time with my children. I now work on a schedule that works perfectly for me and my family and I feel so much better!!! Mentally, physically, ect! I know it may be rough for you at first but believe me, you'll know soon enough how the decision was the best ever!!! In saying that, I will definitely miss hearing new music from you. When I first became a Christian (at the ripe old age of 28!) your album, Between the Dreaming and the Coming True was one of the first Christian albums I purchased. The song 'I Will Lift My Eyes' did, and still does, blesses me and opened my eyes so wide to see that I was God's beloved!!! That was me!!!!! He made all things...the beautiful, the amazing, the unbelievable and yet He wait on us to run to Him with our tiniest problems because His love is greater than all of these things. Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know your music helps change people! I'll forever be a fan and I wish you and your family the best, for the best is yet to come!! Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4 God bless you always!! Susie

• lisa wrote on April 9, 2013

The Hammer Holds saved my life!

• JulieR wrote on April 9, 2013

I'm so glad for you and your family in what will be. God has used your music has often been a start to my morning when I didn't want to get going.... Or a wrap up to a difficult day of teaching, or a song of praise when all seemed to fit into place as God had planned. I hope you pop up here and there because it is such a treat to hear you speak and play. Thank you for other music.... My absolute fav!

• Chris Brown wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, May God bless you and your family on your new journey. I just wanted to let you know how much your music has touched my life and made the vertical connection between God and myself so easy and real (if that makes sense.) Your music helped me through the death of my Dad and the un-timely death of my Brother and for that no words can say thank you enough. Best of all, your song A Page is Turned, perfectly describes the journey that brought me together with my wife (married 16 years now!) I do regret I never got to one of your concerts, but I do look forward to the day we can all sing together. Again thanks, and God Bless You!

• Liz Bailey wrote on April 9, 2013

I wish you abundant blessings in whatever new direction you take. God has blessed you and more than that has blessed millions of us through you. I will sorely miss your music as it has made such an impact on my life and I'm sure I speak for millions of other followers. You should always follow your heart as that is where the Holy Spirit resides, well within you. Thank you for sharing your story and music with us all these years. With Heartfelt Love, A believer

• Deb wrote on April 9, 2013

I have been a fan since I first saw you at Anderson University touring with Caedmon's Call. I have always enjoyed the music you've poured yourself into, & the stories & pictures your songs tell. Thank you for these years of meaningful songs. May God bless your following of His leading of the next area in His walk with you

• Terri Wallace wrote on April 9, 2013

You and your music will truly be missed. When my husband came to know the Lord, it was your music and a handful of other artists that truly spoke to him and drew him to the Lord and helped develop the loving, Christian man he is today. For that I am so thankul...your words are beautiful and your message in them is profound. God bless you and best wishes in your new life.

• Anh wrote on April 9, 2013

My life have been so blessed and enriched by your music! I'm so grateful that the Lord have used you in this musical way all these years. We will continue to be so blessed by your music.

• Mike Toomey wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo- your music provided me with a vocabulary to describe how God has touched my heart. Your words articulated better than any other songwriter what I want to say to and about my Savior. This old, bald, pudgy 57 year old worship leader says thank you for the words. The music was great but the words are modern psalms to me. God Bless You.

• Fred Ferrer wrote on April 9, 2013

Honestly, I just don't know how I tell my grandson. We've shared your songs....and we've loved them together. I told him the story you told us about what inspired the song, God of My Everything. My grandson has expressed an interest in playing the guitar and I've even thought about it...pulling up one of your instructional videos on YouTube on how to play the chords to one of your songs.. I have taken my grandson (and my oldest granddaughters) to your concerts. We will always have your music, but I don't know how to tell them you're leaving music. Maybe I can later....when they're older. I understand it....just don't think they could grasp it.

• janice wrote on April 9, 2013

Your music has blessed me greatly and while it's a bit sad to think of no new music from you - I will cherish what I have and keep it with me always so no complaints here! Only joy and encouragement for you and what is to come and THANKS for what you have given us! And I am SO inspired by your leap of faith into the unknown. THAT is what the christian life should be like! You continue to inspire. . . . I wish you and your wife and family ALL the best as you move forward!

• Beth Foster wrote on April 9, 2013

Thank you for your music, it has been an endless source of hope and inspiration to me for many, many years (more years than I care to admit to!!). May God bless and guide you and your beautiful family!

• Amy wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo - just wanted to say a quick thank you for your many years of music making. i can remember sitting in a small chapel session, after being on the trail all week with you as our guide at Wilderness, hearing you play the hammer holds, and being blown away. that week on the trail and your music over the years have impacted my life in a profound way - God is so good. may God continue to bless you and your family in this new part of your journey!

• Kathy wrote on April 9, 2013

Thanks Bebo for all you've meant to me and my family. I've had the privilege to see you in concert 3 times and am hoping to see you in Batavia NY in May. We first heard your music through my oldest son who heard about you from his sister who thought he might appreciate your style. He was going through a rough time emotionally and I feel your music helped him through a difficult time. Since then we have looked forward to each of your new releases with Oceans being one of my favorites. Mostly because you came to my church during that tour. Obi Community Church a couple of years back... I bought CDs prior to this concert for all of our adult kids just so we would all be ready for our exciting night. I spoke with you briefly that night but was quite emotional as my son was there with his wife, but they had just separated. Sadly, they are now divorced so that will always be a bittersweet memory. Another one is that since that concert, my now 15 year old grandson loves to listen to your CDs in the car. Which might not seem like a big deal except that he has autism. He didn't come to "appreciate" your music until after you had been at our church or we would have tried to have him there even though he doesn't do well in crowds or loud situations. I just want you to know how very much I admire your talent, message and love for The Lord. I pray God's richest blessings on you and Roshare and family. Godspeed:)

• Jocelyn wrote on April 9, 2013

It IS beautiful, indeed. Praying with you, as you walk with open hands and an open heart. It's the best place to be. I think of Ruth and how she has no idea what was ahead when she pledged herself to Naomi. And what beauty and provision was just around the bend... and with her the entire time! Our God is faithful, surprising, consistent, sufficient, and absolutely captivating. Thank you for serving Him in an unexpected way these past 20 years. God has used your music to draw me nearer to Jesus. Now, we will encourage you as we continue to remember you and your family in prayer! It is truly comforting and stabling that if all else seems somewhat out of sorts, we know that He is orchestrating it all for His glory and our good. Blessings to you!

• Brent wrote on April 9, 2013

Not only does your music inspire, but your life is an example of walking by faith. Your mentor role in song and transparent living is fruitful a million times over. Thank you for being the you God created you to be.

• katie wrote on April 9, 2013

bebo... i'm happy for you and proud of you. i hope to see you again someday soon... and i'd love to see you in concert before it's all over. love, katie (sack) prentiss

• Victoria wrote on April 9, 2013

I met you at Sharptop Cove during Young Life weekend retreat during February 2002. I accepted Christ as my Savior that weekend and have truly enjoyed listening to your music and seeing you play in concert. I saw you in concert again maybe 2 years ago "across the river" in Columbus, GA. May God bless your journey and your retirement!

• Diane Peifer wrote on April 9, 2013

I have loved your music since I first saw you perform at Milligan College (TN) back in 1997?? I think it was. I was a student. I think you sang at chapel. Over the years, I have found your music to be heartfelt, encouraging, and inspriring. I respect and admire your decision to move forward as God leads. I will miss your creativity in music, but will continue to listen to the music you gifted us with. Thank you for being a vessel. Enjoy your journey!

• Dennis wrote on April 9, 2013

Let me know if you want a job on the industry side of things as opposed to the artist/music side. You'd fit right in.

• onerebelheart wrote on April 9, 2013

You will truly be missed, but I know it takes guts to make this choice. Thank you for the years you have invested in your music, and thank you for the music that touches my heart. God bless you as you embark on this new journey!

• Kendall Ruth wrote on April 9, 2013

Glad to hear about the decision. And it's not a surprise. It recalls a lot of what you and I used to talk about all those years ago when you were just getting started - why do you do what you do and at the end of the day what context does that look like, and is it music or something else. Those were the questions we mulled on drives around Colorado and road trips from Texas. Sounds like you played them out in the context they needed and it's time to find another playground...

• Leslie wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, thank you for your music! I've been a huge fan since a young life camp a long time ago! My husband and I, when we were dating, always listened to your music on long car rides and hikes, we came to concerts when you were opening for "bigger" bands and we would leave once you were done. I even asked you at one of the concerts to sing in my wedding :) Even though you didn't, you were there in song with A page is turned. I've connected with your songs in all seasons of my walk with God, the ups and downs. While I'm sad to see you leave this scene, I'm excited for your family to see you more and know that will be a huge blessing for you and them. Best of luck!

• Rhoni wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I've been a fan from the beginning. You've inspired me and touched me to the very core. Thank you for sharing your gift with so many. Best wishes and prayers for your next step!!

• Clare wrote on April 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your music with us - it has been a true gift. Blessings to you and your family on this new adventure.

• Seth Gilbertson wrote on April 9, 2013

The first song of yours I heard was "Disappear" and I bought the album "Try" shortly thereafter. I proceeded to work my way backwards through your discography, then eagerly anticipated a new release. "Between the Dreaming and the Coming True" was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE record (from any artist) for years on end. Shortly prior to your release of your self-titled record, I have the true honor of meeting you after a show in Cave Creek, AZ. There was no scheduled meet and greet - my cousin, brother, and I literally sought you out by searching the outside of the church and knocking on the door next to the only lit window. True to your humble nature, you opened the door and proceeded to engage in conversation with us for roughly 15 minutes. You perpetuated the conversation on a few occasions, ignoring the pauses in conversation that would have made easy places to excuse yourself. You signed my cast and told of how you had broken your leg playing wiffle ball. You signed a guitar for my friend, and even the belts that we were wearing (we didn't have much else with us, and they were white at least!). This experience continues to be one of the most fond memories of my life - I have the most sincere gratitude for your sincerity and accessibility. In the years that followed, you seemed pretty quiet outside of the bi-annual recording project, and I started to fear that you may be putting the brakes on your musical career. I thoroughly enjoyed those projects, though still counting Between the Dreaming and the Coming True as the pinnacle of your career. Then, you released what we will now know as your final record: Lights of Distant Cities. I continue to be floored by the excellence of this album! Musically, I consider it be one of the innovative albums I have ever experience. The performance, instrumentation, and production lack nothing. Bold and creative, this album ironically feels like a fresh start - as if you are on the cusp of something magnificent ("altogether new," as you say, though I did not expect it would be outside of the music world!). And yet, in your voice was all of that familiar and cherished sincerity, truth, and comfort. For me, your voice has been the most trustworthy and peace-bringing companion in the industry, and I am sure countless others would agree. It makes sense, as I understand it now: your voice is simply one aspect of YOU, the "accidental musician" and truly admirable man of God. You always impressed me with your intentionality about making sure you didn't allow music to become your identity, and it is with this understanding that I am so very much at peace with picturing your future. Finally, I am grateful that you so often signed your name with the benediction (of sorts) "peace." Even in your written word, your sincerity truly has brought much peace to my heart (just as your musical legacy will continue to do, re-listen upon re-listen). The influence of your music and character throughout the years has undeniably changed my life. I pray all of the peace I've found in your ministry will be returned to you lavishly. Thank you.

• Josh Jordan wrote on April 9, 2013

Hey Bebo! I feel like I need to say thanks. I grew up working in my parents Christian bookstore and learned about you as you came on the scene. I remember seeing you at hard rock in Orlando at the Christian Booksellers Convention, and immediately was inspired by your music. I was just starting to play guitar at age 17 too, and owe much of the way I play to your style. The Hammer Holds was the first song that I learned to finger pick. I've been along the whole way on the journey and the way that you approach life and the simplicity with which you wrote songs meant a lot. Blessings on the new road!

• Don Myers wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, my thoughts go to a time in Little Squawka before the first session of campers arrived in June of 1999 - wondering what to do with a "camp musician" - and then being worried that kids would want to listen more to you than they did to me! They did! and they didn't - your music so beautifully and profoundly set up the sharing of the Gospel, and we all were touched. Your music has always seemed to be so parallel to your heart - willing to serve vs wanting to be showcased. I'm so thankful for that summer, for still thinking of you as my friend (mint tea on concert night!) and very proud of you for making such a hard decision. I can't help but believe that God has something mighty in the future - which may very well be your role as a husband and dad. It doesn't get much better than that. And if all else fails, I can always get you a spot on a work crew at Malibu! Blessings, amigo.

• Sandi wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, You have been such a calming influence in my life for so many years now. I have your first CD, Fabric of Verse and I have your Last CD, Lights of Distant Cities. I also have all of them in between. the only one I do not have is your Greatest Hits CD. My Daughter, Angela, introduced me to your music when she was a student at Belmont University back in the mid to late 90's and I became an unwavering fan. Your music has meant so much to me and played such a big part in helping me get through the bad times and to celebrate the good times. I have to say that my favorite song has got to be "Borrow Mine" from your TRY cd. I try to live your words.. "When your faith is hard to find, You can Borrow Mine" I sincerely hope that you find whatever it is you are searching for and that you and your family are Blessed beyond measure...

• Andre Lefebvre wrote on April 9, 2013

Hi Bebo, I command you for the courage to not limit your life to what you've been doing so well for this season. God is calling and you're following. Creativity in you will always remain, and pour into something else. Music has been an uncovered passion of mine for 44 years, and yet, I haven't been "able" to compose for the past 8 years. However, I've plunged into communication, graphic design, serving others passion with what I could and it's been a good ride... :) Blessings and we'll see you around, or not, depending on the direction you go. You're an inspiration and I love your candid transparency... André

• Nicki Turman wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I first came to Christian music through your music when my best friend gave me an album of your songs over 12 years ao. I went with her to see you in concert in Austin and San Antonio, TX over the years, at least 7 times. You're a wonderful songwriter, and your songs inspired me to listen to your words and to study The Word. I wish you all the best, please keep writing songs. We will miss you on the tour circuit. Fondly, and will His Blessings Nicki Turman

• Sarah wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I listened to you before I gave my life to Christ. The Spirit used your words before I even really knew what they meant. Now, as a Follower of Christ for about 9 years, I've loved every moment listening to your lyrics and hearing you speak in a live arena. Praise God for your surrender to Him, praise God for new seasons, and praise God for the Gospel going forth through music. How sweet.

• Roger wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, man, I will be listening to your music until the day I die. It matters not to me whether you ever write another song, because I'll never grow tired of the ones you've written. Good luck in your future endeavors, and thanks for the music.

• Carrie wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo - you were my husband and I's "first date" :) Rooster Days in Broken Arrow Oklahoma. We have seen you every time you've been close and have all of your CDs. You will always hold a special place in our hearts! We wish you the best the Lord has in store for this next season of your life. Please keep us posted on your endeavors and pics of the boys as they grow. Love you dearly!

• Erik Fjell wrote on April 9, 2013

I saw you years ago, when you toured with Third Day and Paul Coleman Trio. Dinky little Springfield MO had the honor, because your humility and honest playing/singing was a welcome relief. I am sure the decision was thought out, and you made it with your best friend too. We pray for your next door, and God Bless brother!.

• Toni Kenady wrote on April 9, 2013

I am sure going to miss you! I have been so moved by your music. Your music got me through a very difficult time in my life and I will be forever grateful. My prayers are with you as you embark this new adventure. May God bless you and your family.

• Meghan wrote on April 9, 2013

As someone who is in your generation & spent the past 14-15 years listening to & loving your music (your CDs played during the birth of both of my children!), I want to say thank you for blessing me with your music! I also want to say I deeply admire & completely understand your decision. You & your family will be in my prayers every time I play your music. Enjoy the next season that God is moving you into!

• Darrell wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I've been a fan ever since a friend sent me your "Fabric of Verse" CD. I worked for Provident at the time and was VERY happy when I learned that you were signed to Watershed/Essential. The depth of your lyrics appealed to me from the beginning. Seeing you perform with just a guitar back in those "early days" was something special. There will be many that will miss hearing new things from you but I believe we're so used to your honesty and sincerity that we can't help but respect your decision. God surely has great plans for you. I've been blessed by your music for many years and will continue to be.

• julie wrote on April 9, 2013

I wish you all the best for you and your lovely family. I have LOVED your music and messages, they have blessed me for many years. I listen to you on my ipod all the time as I clean my parents home! You can hear me singing along throughout the house! yikes! ...I recently told my kids that when I am old and in the "home" just put on Bebo and I'll be a happy lady!!..I will listen to your wonderful voice and can't wait to sing along with you on the other side! Blessings!

• Myra wrote on April 9, 2013

Thank you for the music! I've only seen you live once (Court Square Theater - Harrisonburg, VA), but love all of your music. I was so excited to get your autograph back then ... and a picture with you! Now, I have a family too and can understand your decision. I will keep listening to all of your amazing recordings. God has used and will continue to use you mightily! God Bless you and your Family! Thanks for being faithful.

• andie wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, you and your music will always be special to me and to a LOT of people. You and your family will be in my prayers during this transition! May you have peace and never second guess this decision. I believe in never looking back. May you go forward with God. God bless you! hugs, andie

• Megan wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I've held a fondness for your music ever since hearing "I'm Alright" in nineteen-ninety-something. I met you a few years back and you were so kind.... In short, I'm a fan of you as a person. Thank you for the things you've done.

• Calvin Friend wrote on April 9, 2013

I can't tell you how excited I am for you. I didn't start listening to your music until a few years ago when a friend suggested I listen. I was going through a tough time in my marriage and had gone out to a counseling intensive in Colorado. While there, I was thrilled to be able to run in Colorado (with it's "thin" air). You were in my headphones. And again in Red Rocks. You have been my running partner ever since. Your songs have led me to tears and to prayer and to hope. Thank you. But as I read this, my heart was beating strong with excitement for you. I don't know much of anything about your life nor who you are. What I read is the voice of a man of integrity and courage who would be willing to walk away from a good thing simply because it is a better thing to do. May God bless you in your new journey. But you should know - you're still training for marathons with me!

• Marsha wrote on April 9, 2013

Saw you open for Caedmon's Call in the late-90s. A friend of mine did sign language interpretation for your some of your songs, including "Stand". I remember you stopped in between songs and said how cool it was to see your songs communicated that way. "Ten Thousand Days" is still one of my faves. God bless you and your family in this next chapter of your lives.

• CFBF wrote on April 9, 2013

1. Guess this means no more random deliveries of Krispy Kreme or chocolate chip cookies. 2. If I never told you, thank you for the CFBF. Sixteen years later it is still part of who I am. 3. Keep in touch friend. Where ever the journey goes now, know there are many friends out here who love you.

• Jim Sanderson wrote on April 9, 2013

What comes next God only knows...but here goes! God bless you and your family as you start your new adventure!

• Tricia wrote on April 9, 2013

Your have been one of my favorite musicians since I saw you many years ago when David Crowder was opening for you. ;) God used your music in my life profoundly when I was going through a very rough and dark time. May God bless you and your family during this transition.

• Tracy wrote on April 9, 2013

Very cool to read this this evening. I was just thinking about you and your music this morning as I sat in my Bible study group studying Ecclesiastes 7. As we read the passage out loud together, you came to mind as I read the opening verses (they sounded like your heart, the heart I hear in your music): 2 It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for this is the end of all mankind, and the living will lay it to heart. 3 Sorrow is better than laughter, for by sadness of face the heart is made glad. 4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. And tonight, after reading this post, I went back to the passage, and as I read v 8a, I thought, "Indeed. Amen." "Better is the end of a thing than its beginning, ..." Truly, God bless you, Bebo - and those whom you love - in ways wildly unimaginable. Thank you for sharing so much...

• Manuel Ramirez wrote on April 9, 2013

Wow Bebo. Your music has touched me greatly. Thank you for the years of wonderful music. Top songs have been: The Hammer Holds & Great Light of the World. May God Bless you.

• Lisa wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, your music has blessed and encouraged me and my husband more than I can express. We have seen you twice in concert and have always left built up in our faith. I wish we could've seen you on this last tour. We will miss your rich, deep, Christ-filled lyrics and look forward to hearing your new album. God bless you as you enter this new season. We know wherever God leads you, you will be a blessing to the body of Christ.

• Rob wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo: I have at least 6 of your albums on my IPod. No other artist even comes close to that. The most I have of anyone else I think is two. Loved your music since I heard "I'm alright". Been loving it through the years. You are my favorite artist. Thanks for sharing your gift with the world. Hope God blesses you and your family. I just said a prayer for you. Take care, Rob San Diego

• Deborah D. wrote on April 9, 2013

WE WILL MISS YOU BEBO!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been a blessing more than you know. In the early times of my growth in Christ, your writing challenged me to be a deeper thinker, believer and lover of Jesus. Some day on the other side, we will all be one family without the anxiety or craziness between. You have been a real and true brother in Christ closer than my own. When I met Roshare at a Compassion concert in MO in '05 or '06, she was the sweetest lady in the world to take me and my sisters back to the outside of your dressing room to get your autograph. What a blessing and an inspiration you and Roshare have been in showing what a loving and Godly family should look like. THANK YOU! for all that you have sown. --- Debbie D.

• Carrie wrote on April 9, 2013

Bebo, I found you after seeing an interview on a religious television show that happened to come on after another show I was watching. I bought "Myself When I Am Real" and LOVED it...so I bought all your albums. I saw you live in Philadelphia with Bethany Dillon. I love your music, and I will miss having new music come out. You have been a staple in my musical life since back in the 90's. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world. I hope you find a passion, or follow another passion that leads you to more joy in your life. Blessed journey, my friend!

• Sophie Otiende wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo....I have no words to express what your music has done in my life. Its the heart behind your music that has always drawn me to your music. I remember your visit to Kenya, I was so young but the show is still one of my favorite childhood memories. I am sad that you are retiring but I understand. It is true do not let the fear stop you from doing anything. I will be praying for you because I think am at the same point in my life and I know that God will guide you in everything that you do. I cannot wait to celebrate the next phase of your life!

• Jonny B wrote on April 10, 2013

Humble to the end Bebo! You're music is nothing short of truly inspirational and I'm sure the back catalogue will live on for many many years! All the best in future endeavours, I'll finish with paraphrased quote I read recently - "I wish I had spent more time working" - said no one on their death bed ever!

• Jan and Paul Smith wrote on April 10, 2013

Many many thanks to God for allowing you the season of music in your life. "Greater things have yet to be done". Your future days of ministry will be more than you have dreamed of. Yet, for now, be still and wait and do not fear the silence, for He speaks in a whisper so that we have to draw close to catch His words. Thank you for giving my family a musical score behind the story of our own Christian journey.

• Rodrigo Fintelman wrote on April 10, 2013

Hi Bebo, I discovered your songs through the album "Great light of the world". Since that time, I've been listening to them and I can affirm that you have the bless to compose songs that touch people's heart and soul. This decision you made reflects your maturity, even if it makes your listeners a bit sad. We're sure that the God's hands will be always on you, family and your future directions. Thank you for being such a bless to me. Brazilian listeners are with you!

• Corrie wrote on April 10, 2013

Ever since hearing you for the first time back at Hope College (a good 14 years ago), I have called you my favorite artist. Over the past 14 years, I have grown to respect you and your music on such a deep level. Seeing you in concert several times has reiterated what a genuinely sincere man you are and that your love for Jesus trumps everything else. I still can't swallow the fact that this is the end of the Bebo music era, but I truly admire your desire to follow God's lead. There's NO DOUBT that you've left a legacy that will carry on for generations to come Thank you and God Bless!!!

• Ken Sacora wrote on April 10, 2013

God bless you and your family Bebo. I am just very thankful that I was blessed to see you up close at a church in Boulder, Co about 6 yrs ago with Aaron Shust. Thank you so much for the music you have made. There was a reason, and it made and makes a difference in my life and it others I'm sure.

• Roger wrote on April 10, 2013

I first learned about your music from a friend while living in San Diego for a season. The depths of expression resonated with what was in my heart about life and God. Thank you for your honesty and creativity in your work. I pray the Lord opens new doors to exciting things that fulfill your heart's desires in this new season you are entereing. God bless!

• Mark Cameron wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo, your music has brought me to a place where God is moving so much in my life! My wife, Kenna, introduced me to your music and I will be forever grateful to her as well as you for the amazing songs you have written and recorded! Good luck to you and your family in this next chapter of your life! A farewell concert on the Beck's property would be sweet! lol

• Eric wrote on April 10, 2013

God used The Hammer Holds keep me going through the most difficult years of ministry back in 2000 and still serves powerfully in that way at times all these years later. Bebo I truly am so grateful for all you have done.

• Annalize wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo - I must say you took me by surprise... You have always been one of my first and favourite Christian artists and I wondered if I would ever get to see you in concert. I'm from South Africa and always wished you would come to our side of the world. But I respect your decision and trust that the Lord will soon show you the new direction you will be taking. Thank you for your honest and soulful music. You have always had a gift to put emotions into words and melodies. You have been a blessing in my life. May God bless you and your family!

• Merry Dirksen wrote on April 10, 2013

Wow. Thank you for the words and music you have written. Or rather, thank God. Your songs have always manged to come into my life at just the right time. Just one example: As I was struggling to overcome my, um, discomfort with flying, preparing to fly to Swaziland for a mission trip -- my first flight overseas -- your song "Here Goes" popped into my life. As soon as we boarded, I held my Bible, prayed, and cranked your song up on my ipod until we prepared for take off. I played it again as soon as we reached cruising altitude. You helped me into that trip, so that I could blog and tell others about the mighty need and God's mighty work in that land. Thank you, Bebo, for being willing to fit into God's awesome plan. And thank you, to your family, for enabling you to do so.

• Elise wrote on April 10, 2013

So excited for this new chapter of life for you and your family. May God richly bless whatever it is you end up doing and wherever HE takes you.

• Aaron Hill wrote on April 10, 2013

So what's next, bro? Golf carts and soft bland food? Nah, I doubt that's the kind of retirement God has in store for you, not yet at least. I love this move you're making. It's gutsy in one sense and must be a little uneasy in another. I'm very curious to hear what your future holds but I'm guessing it will be out of the limelight. It must be an alltogether wonderful feeling to have such open horizons. I just hope you don't start selling insurance.

• Jaron wrote on April 10, 2013

I completely understand... You wrote about this many years ago: Tonight I want a life Where the faces are the same most every day Tonight I want a wife To sit with me and watch our children play All the world between us Watching the years fade away And when the laughing's done We'll watch the trees stand still Everyday, where the trees stand still We will make a home where the trees stand still Trees stand still, trees stand still

• Cheryl wrote on April 10, 2013

Dude, I have SO enjoyed your music since a friend introduced me to it several years ago. I appreciate how much of yourself you've shared with us. I pray for God's blessings to overflow your life as you start down a new path. May it be filled with joy and adventure and discovery.

• eaglesnow wrote on April 10, 2013

I've always been a fan of your music and even more so after the 2010 Mark Schultz and Friends Alaska cruise. I loved, loved that cruise with all the music, worship and getting to know everyone! Thank you for your music for these past 20 years. Your humbleness warms the heart. God Bless you in whatever road He leads you down. My prayers will be with you. Blessings to you and your family!__Chrissy A

• Rev. ES Arsenault wrote on April 10, 2013

I'm going to miss you Bebo and never having the pleasure of meeting you in person at one of your concerts but I won't miss you. I have all of your albums, except the last one, which I will be obtaining. I still listen to you all the time and it saddens my heart but you have to do what God is calling you to do. I personally can understand that move. I do hope you keep in touch with your fans either way. I love hearing about your growing family and your adventures in life. God Bless you and your family and I pray that God puts you exactly where he needs you to be. Thanks again for all the great beautiful music; Rev. Elizabeth S. Arsenault

• mari wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo,perhaps another thought and counsel is for you to go Indie and that way you can have the best of both arenas just like many other Christian psalmists. Take all the r&r you need and multitask everything else including music at your own pace. But don't retire and say never!!! We as the Body of Christ will be patient to hear more of your music even if it takes years. And by the way .in your song Tip of My Heart, just want to say that don't be afraid because "simple faith" is all we need as we look to our Abba Father God in the name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to give us strength. Many of us Christians out here are juggling the same issues and trials as you are so let's all keep praying for a victorious Church. Blessings to all in Jesus all powerful and sufficient name! Thank you Bebo.

• Bunni Pounds wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo, it has been 16 years of me listening to your music, learning from your songwriting, and striving to be real with my relationship with God through music like you. Your song will go on, brother. You will just be writing and singing in new ways and to new hearts (your family, your community of believers, and your God). Jesus knows your heart and He loves it. You won't lose the song, though, you might leave the big audience for an audience of One. I must say, I am heartbroken because I have jumped everytime a new Bebo album comes out and I have seen you live here 3 times in Dallas. I will cling to all of the albums and know you are happy "where the trees stand still." Blessing to you, brother, and PLEASE make one more stop near Dallas.

• Emmy wrote on April 10, 2013

Bebo, The music you played at Young Life Camp in Windy Gap, North Carolina more than a decade ago, is what inspired me and moved me to give my life over to God. Your songs really feel like a comfortable, warm fuzzy blanket that just envelop me in love and joy. Thank you for the many ways you and your music have blessed my life. God bless you on your future endeavors!

• Loren wrote on April 11, 2013

Your honesty and ability to connect with our deepest emotions in your music has made you such a favorite in this house. 2 teen daughters always chose "Bebo" b/c his lyrics were "deep, & he really said something about life!" I saw you & Gabe on a VERY cold night @ the Peanut Festival in Dothan, AL & spoke to you after you sang "God of my Everything" & I shared that I had just checked my daughter into a mental care facility. You then explained the reason behind the song. I was married for 21 yrs to a soldier. The entire family sacrifices when one member is serving at a distance. It's so obvious that your time in music has touched so many. I know that 2 little boys will be so thrilled when Daddy doesn't leave for days @ a time anymore. We serve an awesome God!

• Sarah wrote on April 11, 2013

Are you just doing this so you can quit wearing those fake fingernails? :)

• Scott wrote on April 11, 2013

Bebo, just to show you your music goes to places you would not expect......I am a father of three, 2 boys and a girl. My daughter is 18 years old and has been a dancer since she was 5. Her final dance recital is the first weekend of May. For her final solo dance at her final recital she will be dancing while I sing and play 'Nothing Without You'. The best part is that she doesn't know this, its a surprise. I recorded an instrumental version of the song which she is practicing to. Her dance instructor is in on the surprise and wants to 'reveal' it to my daughter at the rehearsal. No one else knows, including my wife, sons, grandparents, etc. Pray that I don't mess this up. I know you wrote this song as way to worship God, but I believe by singing this song in this moment I can both worship God and show my love for my daughter at the same time. Thank you for writing this song, it is allowing me to give a gift to a very special young lady.

• Kathy and John wrote on April 12, 2013

Bebo, Thank you so much for your music! It has been a real blessing to my husband and I over the years. We will continue to enjoy your music as we listen to your CDs! God will continue to minister to us and others through what you have given to Him. God bless you as you follow God's leadership for you and your family.

• matt wrote on April 12, 2013

Bebo- I'm glad I had the chance to take my family to your concert in Gaylord, MI this summer. I can think of many times I put your albums on during a stressful day here at work or during my travels and they helped me get through the day. I'll miss hearing from you but I understand your decision as much as anyone who doesn't really know you can. God Bless your decision and your future. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us through the years. I'll miss hearing you.

• Amnda wrote on April 16, 2013

Bebo, I first learned of you as a 17 year old myself, back when you and Jill Phillips opened up for Caedmon's Call, it was a concert in Colorado Springs, CO. I was hooked on your music from the start. I think I've seen you about 5 times since then and through the end of my high school years, through college, and after, your music always brings back such precious memories and swarms of feelings about the God that you so earnestly and wonderfully speak of in your music. I hope for so many blessings for you as you move to a new chapter of life. You have left a mark with the way you have allowed God to use your musical talents. Just for laughs, to this day, I still sometimes tell people the story I heard you tell about walking in on your grandfather with his girlfriend sitting on his lap........HILARIOUS! Many blessings to you and your family!

• Peter wrote on April 17, 2013

Bebo - I don't know how to express this, but as long as God lives, your music has been a turning point in my life. I am about 25 years of age and i have came along your music since when i was 18 years. Ever since then i have never passed a day without listening to your music. I always feel comforted and renewed when i listen to your music to an extent that i have been, in most cases, experience a working power of God the almighty in my life. You have inspired me a lot your songs such as 'cover me', ' tip of my heart' , 'break me through' etc...have given me joy, love, protection whenever i listen to. Just i was so curious to know what are you up to on internet if you have release a new song or anything, then i came a long your website and read this shocking news ... I just don't know what to say but...May God bless you and your family abundantly in your new path of life BUT YOUR MUSIC WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A LIVING TRUTH IN MANY SOULS.... Many greetings from Tanzania - East Africa.

• Tiffani Corbett wrote on April 18, 2013

I had never really been a huge fan of Christian music growing up until one of our kids in our youth group played one of your songs at a youth retreat. I was hooked from the second I heard you. I have enjoyed seeing you in many concerts and have been known to drive 3 hours to hear you. I can't really explain it but your music speaks to me and I will forever be grateful. One of the highlights of my life was when my husband and I won the "Christmas with Bebo" contest. Being able to fly to Nashville and actually have coffee with you was a dream come true. Of course, you were extremely genuine and we had such an incredible visit. I am proud to say that both of my sons, 9 and 7, love listening to you and still proudly wear shirts that say "Bebo Rocks!" Thanks for using the gifts that God has given you. I can't imagine the many sacrifices you and your family have made for you to follow this dream. I pray that you soak up every second with your family and be open to what God has in store for you next. God bless!

• Lights of Distant Cities | Scarlet Yarn wrote on April 18, 2013

[...] of my favorite Christian artists, Bebo Norman, announced his upcoming retirement earlier this month. As a tribute, I have decided to review his latest album, Lights of Distant [...]

• Troy higdon wrote on April 19, 2013

Bebo, you probably don't remember me but I graduated from hardaway in 94, acouple after you. i remember seeing you an Ran R. on stage and thinking, "wow, that's awesome!" You have never let me down as I have played your music God gave you time and time with my youth at Hopewell in valley al. I thank God for the ways in which he has use you to touch lives and save souls. I'm proud of you standing up and following God in this decision when it could be tempting to continue in the music career. Your wife and family will definitely appreciate you following God on this 'new' adventure. God bless.

• Keri wrote on April 19, 2013

I just want to say thank you for your honesty. Your songs have lead me to lay down burdens and lean on God when things aren't pretty. Your music has obviously been an expression of your heart. I will pray that God will lead you to a new way to express your heart. May it be a pleasant surprise. Bless you Bebo

• Gramma Sophie Lily wrote on April 19, 2013

Though my heart broke when you announced "retirement from music" I give you credit to want more for your life. I am a gramma, who has been a big fan since becoming a Christian myself, 14 years ago. I've gotten to see you a few times (with Aaron Shust and Brandon Heath) again with Point of Grace, but the first time was just you and Gabe at a book store show in a Chicago-land suburb. You and I are aging nicely I must say. Your music brings so much joy and soul searching, and the beauty is that we will always have it to enjoy and share. The blessing for me is that my 5 yr old grandson, Joe, knows all the words to the songs on "Lights in Distance Cities" and loves to perform them for me in my living room. I love that he is learning to love God, and sees the power of others love for God as well. God bless you and your family in what lies ahead!

• Jeff Hensley wrote on April 20, 2013

Want a job as a worship pastor? ;-) Theres some amazing kayaking in southern oregon, and weve built you quite a fanbase with the concerts I brought you in for! haha. Seriously, though

• Will Zapalac wrote on April 21, 2013

Bebo, thanks for pouring yourself into your music. During a difficult time in my life God used your music to speak things for me that I could not speak myself. I have enjoyed your music from the start and will continue to enjoy it for a long time. May God bless whatever comes next in your life. Will Z.

• Leah wrote on April 21, 2013

Bebo your music and talent have blessed me in so many ways. the Hammer Holds in particular has ministered to me as I recently started on a journey with Breast Cancer. May God continue to direct you as you seek to serve Him with your life. Blessings,

• adayvolt wrote on April 22, 2013

I'll never forget when Steve and Dyan Larmey asked me to play guitar on program staff at Castaway in 1999. I told them that they were crazy as I had been to camp the year before when you had played there. I asked them if they needed help raising funds to bring Bebo back as I wanted everyone to have the opportunity to experience Christ through your life and gifts. Thanks for being faithful all of these years even when there was uncertainty, doubt, and hard times. Thank you even more for sharing your life with people and specifically a bunch of us from Muncie, IN. Sincerely, Adam Dayvolt

• mari wrote on April 23, 2013

Bebo,just some info while sorting thoughts and retirement time. Great internet site by a Pastor called Goodfight.org which has numerous expose's on music and secular media artists of all types and a book called "When Pigs Move In" by Don Dickerman that warns us all not to open doorways to anything evil that is contrary to God's Word. We as the Body of Christ need to stay strong and not complacent as alternative Christian group Ivoryline sings about in songs Days End and their Album Vessels! No compromise during perilous times. Peace,Mercy and Grace in Jesus name.

• Aimee wrote on April 25, 2013

Your music, voice and lyrics of genuine praise, struggle, joy, peace, grief, and so much more have been such a huge part of my adult life. I can't honestly remember an important part of the past decade where a song of yours wasn't part of the memory. My wedding, birth of my children, loss of family and friends, and most importantly the never ending journey with our Savior. Thank you, Bebo. Hands down, my favorite Christian singer/songwriter. My God richly bless you and your family.

• Margaret wrote on April 27, 2013

Bebo - Your songs have ministered to me during some very difficult seasons of life. My heart "sank" when I first learned of your retiring from music because I love & appreciate the depth of your songs. Of course I realized I was being selfish & that I should rejoice for the new adventure that your family is in store for! Thank you for pouring out your heart into so many life changing songs... There are a few that I have listened to on "repeat" on sleepless/anxious nights and they literally played the ENTIRE night --- reminding me to cling to Jesus. I wish the best to you and your family :)

• DeniseChandler wrote on April 27, 2013

I am very sad that I won't get to wait for your next CD. You have meant so much to me that I will miss getting to go see you in concert. The last time my daughter and I saw you was in a freezing barn in Jonesborough, Tn. Even though it was cold, I enjoyed it more than if I had been in a church. I'm sure you won't remember me, but I was the lady who talked to you about my son and how I was introducted to your music and how it helped me so much in a devastating time with my son about choices. I hope and pray for your future and the time you get to spend with your family. I am sure life has been hard, traveling and having to leave your family, but I sure will miss your wonderful music and Gabe. I have cried over losing your music, you are a great song writer and sing so great in person. I know God is with you in this and whatever he wants you will do. Thank you for all your cd's, I have them all and I will treasure them. Bless you and your family.

• John Coy wrote on April 29, 2013

If you are here to make music, let it pour forth. You can't shut it off or down. It will rise again...maybe then on a deeper level because you know you have to give to back and you have no choice. Blessings!

• Dawn wrote on May 2, 2013

Bebo- God used you and your music so strategically in my life from the very 1st time I heard your song, "Nothing without You". All of it, almost every song the Lord used to touch my heart during a time that was very one foot in front of the other for me. Thank you for your willingness to step out in faith with God and do what He called you to. God is truly SO GOOD, and we can take that by faith. May God's peace that surpasses all understanding be yours, and God's will be done through you and your family.

• Casey wrote on May 3, 2013

Bebo, Thank you for great music and me being from Columbus as well really enjoyed Christian music. I'm actually listening to "Nothing Without You" and I tell that to my brothers and sisters in Christ, without Christ I am nothing. I pray that The Lord will continue to work in you and your family and I hope to see you around Columbus. God Bless, Casey

• Ryan Griffin wrote on May 19, 2013

I've always enjoyed your music since I first heard it. The first album of yours I listened to was Big Blue Sky after seeing my dad had it, and I was curious to listen to it. Since then I've gotten all your albums except for your Christmas one, and have to say you write some awesome music and heartfelt lyrics. Lights of Distant Cities has to be my favorite album. Your music and heart you pour into your music is what inspired me to start learning acoustic guitar, so I thank you, for that, and your music you have provided God's children for all these years. May God lead you in the direction he wants you to go.

• Julie wrote on May 23, 2013

Dear Bebo, Your music, inspired by the Holy Spirit, has been incredible to experience. I got to hear you live in NYC in 2007, and I remember u talking about " the ache" and the longing we all have for heaven. I have often referred to that in counseling friends.I will miss your incredible writing, and The way Gods heart poured through your songs.. What a gift you have... Enjoy the next chapter! Your sister in Christ, Julie Bell

• Maria wrote on May 26, 2013

Bebo, I cannot begin to express how much God has used your music to change my life beginning in 2000 with The Hammmer Holds. I can truly say that your music led me back to the Lord. Recently, my 20 year old son passed away and I have listened to your music every night in order to persevere in faith. GOD OF MY EVERYTHING, I Will Lift My Eyes and MY EYES HAVE SEEN HOLY have kept me from despair. Thank you SO much for using your God given talents to bless others. Your gift of music and love knows no bounds. God bless you on your new journey.

• Sandy W wrote on June 7, 2013

Bebo, When I saw that you were coming to my church to do a concert in May I invited my daughter to go with me because she introduced me to your music many years ago. I wish I had read about your "retiring" before the concert because I would have tried harder to remember everything you said. What you said about your wife and "getting along" was so beautiful and it was so wise. I wish they had recorded it just for those great words of wisdom. At the time I thought I wonder if she knows how much she is cherished. I also thought how hard touring must be on a family. I have sung your songs at church and didn't even know they were yours, so beautiful and God honoring, for which I say thank you and praise Him. I'm sad for the music world but happy for you and your family. Believe me I know from experience how time flies when you are raising a family, at 72 YO I am a mom, grandma and great-grandma. It seems like you turn your back and they're grown. So God bless you and your family and enjoy these precious moments together. Always a fan, Sandy W.

• Elisabeth Sherrell wrote on June 8, 2013

While my heart is breaking a little right now I can honestly say I am blessed that you decided to take the road less traveled, as I am sure many other are. I can totally relate to all the people before me who commented on how your music saved their life. Your lyrics are so raw, so real, such an open invitation to your joys, struggles and how God’s beauty is alive in all of it. You help people feel a little less crazy as they walk this Christian road. Words cannot begin to express this gift you have given so many. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Sean Farris wrote on June 11, 2013

while surfing i found a blog which i felt quit amazing and want to share with u all. must check it out...

• Gman wrote on June 29, 2013

Beb God ain't done with you yet young man! You taught me about drop D and DADGAD tuning, you taught me about lyrics that cut to the heart of worship, you taught me about singing from your soul. So if you can do that to a 58 year old worship leader you can imagine the impact your music ministry has had. The first song of your I did was a Page is Turned and right then I knew you had a connection between the head and heart that allowed you to convey a message that we all KNEW but could not articulate. Thanks for the great music, the great messages, the great delivery, and the faithfulness. Take care of family- your anchor.

• Grateful.. wrote on June 30, 2013

Bebo, I want to let you know how much I've enjoyed listening to your music. God has spoken to me through several of your songs throughout the years but most profoundly in 2012. That year took my husband and I across the globe to Australia and stretched our marriage almost to the breaking point. When it came down to making a decision of whether to stay and continue to fight for our marriage or to leave and let him pursue his new passion.... At a pivotal point I heard your song Here Goes on the local Christian radio station. Your words in that song confirmed the message that God was telling me, "Stay. You're where I want you to be.....". I stayed, it was the hardest year of my life but Jesus gave me strength and we made it through the storm... Thank you for your words in that song, they were just what I needed to hear at just the right time. What comes next, God only knows so here goes... God bless you!

• candy wrote on July 4, 2013

I love your music and do hope to see you preform before you retire. Thank you for what you have given us spiritually and musically and I wish nothing but the best for you. If you ever do come back, I will be one of the first in line for your new music. Until then, I will be praying for you. Enjoy your time with your family. May blessings be all around you.

• Luke wrote on July 5, 2013

Bebo! I just read To-day that you are retiring! I got saved in late 2004. A friend turned me on to Christian music on the radio, and for some reason I would always hear a radio add for Bebo Norman in concert. I wondered what is a Bebo? lol No lie, this is one of the odd but cherished memories of my eary beginning with the Lord. I know the Lord will lead you, but it makes me sad to know your leaving. 'Disappear' is my favorite song, and as recent as two monthes ago I heard it and it made me weep. Thank you for being faithful to God

• fortsmithartcenter.org wrote on July 8, 2013

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Thanks

• Arlene wrote on July 10, 2013

Thank you for using your talent to honor and glorify God. I so appreciate you making many trips to SLC UT. where many Christian Artists have yet to make it here. I shared one of your CD's with an LDS friend and brought him to one of your concerts at Calvary Chapel of Salt Lake. God has used you in this man's life. My hope and prayer is that you'll find a weekend to come one last time to SLC so I can again offer to bring my friend. If not, then I'll still purchase one last Bebo Norman CD for me and one for him. God's continued blessings upon you and your family. Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord!"

• lose weight with garcinia cambogia wrote on July 20, 2013

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

• Keywordhome securityhome alarmshome alarmshome securityhome security alarm systemshome security alar wrote on July 22, 2013

At present every day we hear and read about burglaries and shoplifting in daily news papers. 'With the al Mabhouh murder we were able to play back time through the footage captured by cameras, and after going through 1,700 hours of CCTV footage we were able to pull the strings together and identify the suspects,' Lt Gen Tamim said. When it comes to using the system often IP CCTV offers far more flexibility when it comes to looking at images, along with better camera angles and improved resolution compared to standard CCTV.

• renovation design ideas wrote on July 23, 2013

This is the reason why smart homeowners know very well to incorporate plans for Raleigh home renovation in their spending budgets every couple of years. The nearby Homestead resort in Hot Springs, which owns the Jefferson Pools, doesn't know how long the process may take. The low budget remodeler must be flexible and willing to work with a design that fits a specific set of materials.

• property renovations wrote on July 25, 2013

This is the reason why smart homeowners know very well to incorporate plans for Raleigh home renovation in their spending budgets every couple of years. This can work well in the sense that they have worked together before and therefore have a history of communicating well and understand each other's way of working. If you have, you know they are simply a goldmine of various fresh creative remodeling ideas for not only your bathroom, but also the kitchen, basement, living room, or even your backyard.

• renovate bathroom cost wrote on July 25, 2013

You need to bear in mind the fact that there are certain types of waste that are rather toxic in nature and need to be disposed off separately. However these loan plans charge a higher rate of interest compared to the secured loan plans. - Show your appreciation to your design dream team with a little housewarming get together for them.

• diet plan for football players and you I won’t really helps wrote on July 26, 2013

The sports training village university of bath was held on May 7 to 9, 2013. Welcome to MN sports training village university of bath, a collaborative project that brings the sporting world together. Yes, with a foam roller you can essentially iron out the all the knots of insulted tissue throughout the body and increase the blood flow to the heart. Obviously just kidding in the trash.

• Ali wrote on July 26, 2013

Bebo, thank you so much for how you have followed God and used your gift of music to bless so many. Ever since my college roommate introduced me to your music, I have been hooked. Your voice and lyrics have spoken to me in many instances in life. I know it's both exciting and daunting to open a new chapter. Years ago, I too was called away from music after having a great career at a young age... I always look back and think, 'what if?' But God had other plans. I play now when I just feel like it and at church and other places just for fun. It still touches people, and I know that the same will happen with you and your music for years to come. Best to you in your new adventure! You've got a great Tour Guide. :)

• best convert pdf to kindle wrote on July 27, 2013

Very good info. Lucky me I came across your website by chance (stumbleupon). I've book marked it for later!

• HT-E5500W wrote on July 29, 2013

Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, as well as the content!

• what does green coffee bean extract do wrote on July 31, 2013

I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

• how much green coffee bean extract do i take wrote on July 31, 2013

That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information… Thank you for sharing this one. A must read post!

• how to use green coffee bean extract powder wrote on August 1, 2013

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this write-up and the rest of the website is very good.

• small bathroom remodel ideas wrote on August 3, 2013

Tip 3 - Kitchen Sink: Your kitchen sink is more of a 'face-lift' than an actual 30 000 remodel, but not least, the 110 inch projection screen on the wall.

• Paul Wylie wrote on August 5, 2013

wow, my wife and i have been so blessed by your music, especially between the dreaming and the coming true. we saw you live at belmont with friends and if you could only know the profound ways your music was used to help me (us) to hold on in the midst of some torrential moments, i think you would be encouraged. i totally understand your sentiments and selfishly hope there comes the time when God gives you the songlist and you have to write the living room album. i love your latest projects and everything you've performed. i was simply looking for a chance to see you in person again. i'd be the guy holding the proverbial lighter while you sang some of the most profound songs in the soundtrack of my life. the moments i've pushed play and simply lifted hands... Thanks God for the gifts you have given and Bebo for the energy you gave this. May the next thing glorify Him as well.

• Clickbank Atlas bonus wrote on August 7, 2013

There are many associated with devices involved, but the success you are going to do that in two ways. I have seen some comments recently about using Squidoo and increasingly HubPages for traffic recon purposes get themselves banned in short order - why? Use white space or background to make the sale.

• employee recognition lapel pins wrote on August 7, 2013

Rather than having to manually identify each connection type, you can simply consult your motherboard manual to see which part goes where. A meeting place for former members of the military, the clubs offer support through a sense of community in cities around the United States. Custom lapel pins are useful for promoting public activities such as stage or street shows.

• property management las vegas wrote on August 22, 2013

They are a link between these two parties and carry out a rigorous inspection and take care of problems which occur with things like making sure your properties are taken care of always. This underground aquarium, one of the best ways of promoting the property for next year's dues. Castle Rock Realty & property management wichita ks, LLCH ome Staging Tips Here's How:1.

• joyce kleine wrote on August 23, 2013

I feel very fortunate now to have heard one of your concerts celebrating your last CD. It was an intimate concert that touched my soul and I spent the entire concert in tears. The words of the entire CD were so personal to me and seemed too fitting as I was struggling with depression, loneliness and hating where I was in life. Because of your words, I decided to make a change in my life and am now back home with family. So it was not my imagination that your word seemed to be touching my heart; you were struggling with some of the same life choice issues. Many of your songs (and I own all of your CDs) touch my heart in ways you cannot imagine, and you are a true poet. You are my favorite musical artist and I will truly miss you. I hope the words will find a way out of you and you will need to write for someone, even if you don't publish the songs for yourself. We all understand the need to be with family, to take time and to try other things but you are such a voice of Jesus, I can't help pleading a little...please keep writing even if on the toilet. Thank you for all that you have done for me. You cannot know the scope. Joyce Kleine

• September James wrote on August 28, 2013

I'm a little behind on the Bebo news so just read this... What an exciting new season for you and Roshare! Congratulations for finishing so well and for being obedient to step out in faith! May your "retired" days be filled with knowing God more every say, lots of quality family time and tons of fun!!!!!

• rexman wrote on September 4, 2013

BEBO-your music has inspired me ,ever since that you started (w'/Jill Phillips ).I still have all your cds in collections.Thank you for the heart that you put in all of your records.Very inspiring!May HIS hands will be upon you and your family for another new journey He has instored for you.God bless.

• Marie wrote on September 6, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you are retiring. You are one of the inspirations that we have, and we are sorry to you will be leaving us so soon. Godspeed-

• Julie wrote on September 10, 2013

I just found out that you are retiring. I'm sad, but happy for you, and totally understand. I wrote to you years ago because I was so amazed that you could touch the lives of people of all ages (I'm a grandma) with your music. That was possible because you allowed God's spirit to work in you. I am certain that you are listening to him now. God bless your family!

• Pat Tennessen wrote on September 13, 2013

Bebo, as a Wisconsin fan, THANK YOU for blessings me w/ your music. May our Lord richly bless whatever He leads you to do and blessings on your family. A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Dave Lewis wrote on October 2, 2013

I saw you at Frontier, Windy Gap, and Trail West all within about 12 months back in the 90's. your music is great. You kept it real and I totally respect someone who retires at the peak. But I must admit I am sad. God's providence to you.

• Ruth wrote on October 7, 2013

Went to the first (and it appears last) of your concerts with Andrew Peterson, Sarah Groves and the rest of the group last night. What a blessing.... As I read somewhere else last night, your music has been such a solace since Rich Mullins went Home. Grateful for the existing albums to explore. Godspeed on the new leg of your journey. Perhaps we will be blessed to know what that is down the road...

• TracyT wrote on October 14, 2013

I am truly thankful that I could hear your music and message this fall at the men's round-up in Oregon. There were a lot of quiet, thoughtful moments followed by enthusiastic appreciation by one and all for your sincere self (and definitely for Gabe as well). This is how I have always thought of you from the lyrics and mood of many of your songs, as an approachable, honest guy that anyone would be grateful to have as a friend. Glad you are offering that friendship and your presence to your family at this time in your life. Good choice. Can I say a word to you from my wife: She really wants you to know that your music touched and comforted her during the years of our divorce. I was real and encouraged her to affirm her emotions when many in her life (including myself) had only wanted to shut them down. Thankfully God has taught us both new lessons, and brought us back together. So I say again, good choice on honoring your wife and family. May God bless you all.

• Anony wrote on October 22, 2013

Thank you for the music and memories...my wife and i used one of your songs in our wedding some 15 years ago and 3 kids later.

• Teri wrote on October 23, 2013

Bebo, I'm not exactly new to Christianity, but am fairly new to being part of a real church family, and to a lot of contemporary Christian music. I have had the privilege of performing with our church band for the last couple of years. I will be performing a song for our Thanksgiving service, and only just last week heard your song, Nothing Without You, for the first time. I've decided to perform that song, but have worked in some minor changes. I know there's no "official" reason to ask, but before I alter one of your songs for a performance, I thought the right thing to do would be to ask your permission. Thank you for the beautiful music and many years of service.

• Jonathan Thomas wrote on October 24, 2013

I still remembering seeing and listening to you for the first time at a jennifer knapp concert in gainesville, fl. I loved and still love your music in how it touches the very soul of the person. However what really touched me was what you said at the concert. You talked about supporting children from other countries and you basically told people that if it means they buy your merchandise or support a child you said to support those children. That sent a clear message to me where your heart was at and that you were in Christian music for the right reasons. It is quite clear that your heart is seeking after and following Jesus Christ. This is the reason why I am such a huge supporter of yours. I am excited for you in this new chapter of your life. I would love if you could keep updating the website on how things are going in your life, however if you want to keep that private I can definitely understand. You and your family will definitely be in my prayers. God Bless!!!

• search engine wrote on October 24, 2013

You need to take part in a contest for one of the most useful websites on the net. I most certainly will recommend this blog!

• Karma wrote on November 1, 2013

This can be due to many reasons like gum disease, due to root canal done on any tooth or even due to passage of time without proper care. Sometimes extra provisions will be made for any work done on the lower jaw because this bone is very thick and more difficult to numb. Also, avoid using fluoride mouth washes for children.

• יבוא מסין שאלות ותשובות wrote on November 22, 2013

White and red tassles are exchanged to wish each other good health and happiness and are usually worn on the wrist and are not to be taken off until you are able see a stork or a blossoming tree. But you keep these feelings with yourself because you know little about the Customs clearance Vancouver. Do not lie about anything as it will just get you in to more trouble.

• Kori wrote on November 24, 2013

You were with my on my wedding day… the hammer holds. God has used you to draw me to my knees, to comfort me, to get out of myself and it being all about me. God has used you as I am a counselor, and many times your words have brought comfort to clients I have seen. He has reminded me that I need music, I need to write, be creative as when I don’t, a part of me dies and I am not fully alive. I was honored to hear you play at College Church Friday. Thank you Bebo for pouring your giftedness during this season with us. Bless you and your family!

• ez. wrote on December 4, 2013

Respect!! God bless you and your family for the new things are coming. From the Netherlands, ez.

• Donny wrote on December 17, 2013

During this stage, you need to generate traffic for your site. Once in your list, you've to constantly provide value for your subscribers. Nike spends $678 million on advertising this past year, only a portion of the almost $2 billion devote to total marketing.

• Linda wrote on December 25, 2013

I am so happy for you that you feel so clear! Finishing up with music and making the space in your life will * reveal just what that next step is*. Best wishes!

• http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-Downloader-Converter/3000-2071_4-75992755.html wrote on December 27, 2013

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

• bald sex wrote on December 29, 2013

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I'll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

• Marcos wrote on January 3, 2014

I'm gonna miss you every day in my life...

• Darrell wrote on January 9, 2014

Again, there is certainly no difficulty in doing this since it's what one does best. If you're unable for you the IRS these details, then you may not be able to claim the pay as a company expense. Article marketing is amongst the effective tools that will send traffic to your website or affiliate links at no cost.

• Hilda wrote on January 10, 2014

I rarely leave a response, but I browsed some comments here Something Altogether New | Bebo Norman. I do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it seem like some of these comments appear like they are coming from brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on additional online social sites, I'd like to keep up with you. Could you make a list of all of all your social community sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

• http://uswekaju.tumblr.com/ wrote on January 12, 2014

Tell them what you want to do and ask for their recommendations. Business web hosting ( provides many alternative to just a normal hosting service, such as programs, processess, and the development of innovative webpages and business operations. No matter if a client possess or even rents the host depends positioned on the practices of the web hosting company.

• najlepsze wesela kraków wrote on January 13, 2014

Excellent blog right here! Additionally your website rather a lot up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I am getting your affiliate link in your host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

• limpingclammy wrote on January 19, 2014

Great..customized fat loss program reviews

• resume editors wrote on January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

• one dollar web hosting wrote on February 1, 2014

Testimonials and references can be extremely useful. You are going to locate a variety of hosting packages for consumers to choose from and as a result of this assortment, the client is going to be capable of pick the package that meets their have to have. i - Page hosting is among the leaders in the hosting area that has extremely optimistic reviews from their customers.

• Erika wrote on February 8, 2014

Whatever you find to do career-wise, just be yourself and stay true to the season that God has you in, whatever that means for you to continue sharing Christ. I am deeply moved by this.

• Katharyn wrote on February 21, 2014

These ten tips can only get more readers to your blog, but get them to leave comments for you. Blogger has changed its Layout Dashboard and added greater functionality and flexibility to its blog settings.

• Loree wrote on February 27, 2014

There is none like you, you will surely be missed. My prayers are for a life that glorifies God in all you do. I'm just sorry I wasn't a more faithful fan. Your music touches my heart, even today, and I am a better Christian for the heart you shared in your music. May you be richly blessed in all your endeavors. <3 In Him, Loree Thompson, Springboro, OH

• Todd Franklin wrote on March 13, 2014

Your gifts truly come from God. You have blessed my life and the lives of many I know. I pray that God guides you through the next door and that you continue to bring God glory.

• Andrea wrote on March 17, 2014

I first heard of you when you toured with MercyMe & Amy Grant During "The Imagine Tour". I wasn't able to attend the concert. Then when your album "Great Light Of The World" came out, I bought it. I enjoyed your music very much! I bought your self-Titled album "Bebo Norman" right away when it was released. Then I had an opportunity to see you live in Lincoln, NE when you opened for MercyMe in 2008. After that I bought your other albums and enjoyed (and still enjoying) all of them. Your music has really meant a lot to me! Enjoy your retirement.

• Andy wrote on March 25, 2014

Anyone who knows me well knows that I believe that there are some people who were blessed to write songs that specifically minister to certain people...you have been that to me. I could somehow find God in one of your songs in every season of life. You probably will never grasp the extent of just how much your gift was used by God. On behalf of your African fans...Asante sana! Mungu akubariki sana.

• http://comprarvigrxplus6.webnode.com/ wrote on April 3, 2014

I am now not certain tthe place you are getting your information, but great topic. I must spend a while finding out much mire or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic ino I wass searching for this infofmation for my mission.

• glorybees7 wrote on April 4, 2014

Just read the "news" about your retirement. I just have to say many blessings to you as you follow the Lord's will for your life in this new season. I heard you for the first time in a small church in NJ, many years ago. Maybe about 1999? Just you and your guitar. Your songs have always brought joy to my soul and fueled my passion for Christ as I hear yours as you sing. Every once in a while I have a Bebo-fest and listen to your CDs for days straight. It just makes me happy! Take care. God bless you!!

• John B. Palmquist wrote on April 23, 2014

It is actually nearly impossible to see well-advised individual on this content, still, you come across as like you understand the things you're covering! Appreciate It John B. Palmquist http://www.mjbt.info

• David T. Hoskin wrote on April 23, 2014

It's mostly extremely difficult to encounter well-informed users on this area, but you seem like you are familiar with whatever you're preaching about! Bless You David T. Hoskin http://www.thewikipediaforum.com

• Jose T. Voigt wrote on April 23, 2014

It truly is almost extremely difficult to find well-informed viewers on this theme, nevertheless you come across as like you realize those things you're writing about! Thanks A Lot Jose T. Voigt http://www.redstoneenergygroup.us

• Rosalia V. Cook wrote on April 23, 2014

It truly is mostly impossible to see well-advised women and men on this issue, however , you appear like you comprehend those things you're talking about! Gratitude Rosalia V. Cook http://www.mjbt.info

• Thomas H. Fant wrote on April 23, 2014

It's actually near unattainable to encounter well-aware readers on this issue, then again you come across as like you comprehend those things you're revealing! Thank You Thomas H. Fant http://www.extra-ordinaryfilm.com

• http://www.youtube.com/ wrote on April 29, 2014

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off thhe scdeen in Chrome. I'm nnot sure if this is a fortmatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility buut I thought I'd post to leet you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Kudos

• Ruby R. Fellows wrote on May 8, 2014

Ended Up researching out there . I recommend your info. Do create considerably more of this theme ok. Thank you so much

• trading futures wrote on May 9, 2014

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

• Black Star Ranch wrote on May 13, 2014

Congratulations - you made it out alive. Raise the kids, love the Mrs., and daily thank The Lord. After 40-years I still can't help picking up the 12-strings and thanking God for everything.

• writingonthefineline wrote on May 22, 2014

So hard to watch you walk away from it ... not knowing where the next encourager will come from. Because that's what you are. You did it through music and through naked songwriting, sharing your struggles and mountaintops. In those moments we found ourselves and our own struggles with God and this Christian life. So many of the touchpoints of my own walk of faith are soundtracked by your songs. Into the Day, Be My covering, Disappear, I Will LIft My Eyes, Great Light of the World, Finding You, Borrow Mine, and that's just a start ... The Hammer Holds, Stand ... Blessings

• michael wrote on June 16, 2014

Live version of "pull me out" is great.__."the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness"_Seems like everyday is a battle._" we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand_ _ Everything is trying to rob the Word of God from our hearts._ _ You said "feels like you cant breathe" Devils trying to steal your breath. Ruah!Ruah! How desperately we need the Spirit of God__ And Asa cried unto the Lord his God, and said, Lord, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O Lord our God

• Mandy wrote on June 19, 2014

We love you Bebo Norman. You inspire me both as a musician and as a person. May God bless you as you discover the new plans that God has for you and your new career choice.

• Learn more wrote on June 21, 2014

Excellent site you have here.. It's difficult to find high quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

• Welbeck Danquah wrote on July 18, 2014

Hey Bebo, yours is the music from any artist - christian and not - that I have continuously listened to for the longest time without getting bored or claiming to know all that the songs have to say. Your songs really help to me pray, reflect and be broken before God. How much I would love to have a chat with you or better so, pay you a visit and pick you mind or talent. So if you ever get around to something like, that here is my number: 00491756711788 (I'm in Germany by the way). Thanks for being so open even up to sharing some of the struggles in marriage - encourages me.

• DennigerAiliane wrote on July 19, 2014

Well Bebo, I am glad to hear you are moving on in life and on to the next thing God has for you....even though I do love your music and have long considered you my favorite male singer in Christian music and love your voice! God has definitely blessed you there! At any rate, please keep us updated in some way about your life and what God is doing in and through you because I, and probably many others, would like very much to know! Here is a big hugs brother, and I wish you all the best!!!! Your brother in Christ, Dan.